Sunday 7 September 2008

More felt

I'm still gradually making the felt food, but now that I've got a plateful, I thought I'd post a picture of what I've managed so far. It'd make a meal, I suppose!


I've also been toying with the idea of making some felt money for maths purposes. I do have some plastic money from the Early Learning Centre, but it's not very tactile and inviting. We do also sometimes use real money, but inevitably it gets lost. I dont mind when it's only 1ps and 2ps but when it's pound coins that's a different thing! So I was thinking of making some very simple circles (and other shapes for 20ps and 50ps) that are bigger than usual and with just the appropriate numbers on them to simplify using it and to match with the felt food in buying and selling games.

Of course, that does mean I've just given myself another job...

3 comments:

The Yarn Owl said...

I love the felt food, it looks really great, I've got some felt to make some but never seem to get round to it! The felt money is a good idea too, we have some ELC money but DS just enjoys using it to play a sort of tiddly winks game at the moment

nocton4 said...

oh yum, yum, all looks wonderful
x

dottyspots said...

It looks good. I think the money is a good idea too (again, I don't mind coppers so much, but I'd prefer them not to wander off with much more than that).