Saturday 3 October 2009

Reading

I have to share a great author I've discovered this year. I've gradually been working my way through many of his books and have been constantlyu blown away bu the sheer inventiveness of the polts and settings, the detail of the worlds he conjures up and the variety of characters. So, if you like 'hard' sci-fi, with a very surreal edge, but great rollicking adventures, I advise you to go and try Charles Stross - particularly Singularity Sky, The Atrocity Archives and Accelerando. Whenever I read his books I feel like my brain looks like the faces of astronauts who are undergoing heavy-g acceleration! But in a good way.

2 comments:

bethnoir said...

I've heard of him, but never read any, I'll give him a try, thanks for the recommendation.

Unknown said...

wow, not a hard sci-fan, but you;re tempting me...